Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gavin

So I decided to do a post on what I think an exceptional husband is at the age of 23. The reason I put an age on this is because I hope as Gavin and I grow closer to the Lord our expectations rise. Gavin decided to spend his spring break with me since we were both off. I had these BIG plans for spring cleaning, but unfortunately have been put on bedrest due to some unexpected bleeding. Poor Gav I am sure that this is not how he saw his week off, babying me and waiting on me hand and foot. Ladies, he has not complained one time about anything I have asked of him. Drinks? yes, Pills? yes, Pillow? yes, rub my back? yes. It goes on and on. Personally, I feel that Gavin is so wonderful and is beyond more than I could ask for, but I do understand that neither of us are perfect and fall short. Regardless, I feel that Gavin strives to be a great husband, and I am guilty of being lukewarm in our marriage at times. Here are two verses that strike me as I read through my Bible.

1 Corinthians 7:3 "The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband." Gavin does an amazing job of this. Ive never asked anything of him that he hasn't found a way to do for me.

Ephesians 5:23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is Savior." Gavin is so good at motivating me to do what is right. During our church hopping year I was bitter and negative. He remained positive and willing to bend just to find the right home for both of us. He led me just like Christ leads us, and I can never thank him enough for that.

Basically, I always knew I would get married, but not to someone like Gavin. Gavin and I started dating when we were 15 (ahhhh). We liked each other and then fell in love in college, the rest is history. Being married has been such a challenge, but when you have a man in your life willing to talk and compromise it makes everything so much easier. Of course, there are things that bother me about Gav. Sometimes I feel these things are magnified, but I just wanted to take this time to remind myself and share with you how wonderful a husband can be. I pray for Gavin and I daily, and thank God for blessing me with my other puzzle piece.

It doesnt hurt that he does the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment